The ACT – American College Testing. ACT is a leading college entrance exam that evaluates a student’s readiness for college. It helps measure what you learn in high school so as to determine your academic readiness for college. The ACT has 5 components: English, Mathematics, Reading, Science, and an optional Writing Test.
English : The test consists of five essays or passages, each of which is accompanied by a sequence of multiple-choice test questions. Six elements of effective writing are included in the English Test: punctuation, grammar and usage, sentence structure, strategy, organization and style.
Mathematics : The ACT mathematics test is a 60-questions, 60-minutes test designed to assess the mathematical skills students have typically acquired in courses taken up to the beginning of grade 12.
Reading : The reading test is a 40-questions, 35-minutes test that measures your reading comprehension. The test questions ask you to derive meaning from several texts by referring to what is explicitly stated and by reasoning to determine implicit meaning.
Science : The science test is a 40-questions, 35-minutes test that measures the interpretation, analysis, evaluation, reasoning and problem-solving skills required in the natural sciences. You are not permitted to use a calculator on the science test.
Writing : The writing test is a 40-minutes essay test that measures your writing skills – specifically those writing skills emphasized in high school English classes and in entry-level college composition courses.
Further on, exercises are assigned from real act guide.
For reading, our teachers provide the details about various question types and explain the approach to answer the same. After introductory discussion, the passages are assigned and students are asked to complete the same. Towards the end of each test, every question is discussed with the students and answers are explained.
Salient Features :
• 100 hours of intensive and comprehensive training
• Maximum 10-15 students per batch, making the sessions personalized
• Qualified, experienced and trained faculties
• REAL ACT Prep Guide issued as course ware
• Teaching pedagogy involving a very strong focus on building fundamentals in Math, guiding students with approach towards different question types, helping students build reasoning skills and giving sufficient practice.
• 20 full-length mock tests
• Well stocked library
• Availability of Weekdays (Tuesday to Friday, 2 hours per day) and Weekend Batches (Saturday and Sunday, 4 hours per day) under Regular Mode
• Availability of Fast Track Mode (Tuesday to Sunday, 4 hours per day) for people who want to complete the course at the earliest.
• Facility of shifting to any branch throughout India